So last few days in Lima, Peru and generally South America were really fun and i was loving being in a city so a longer period of time. I was craving some city life for a bit. We stayed over NYE which turned out to be really fun. I'm not the most NYE person so I literally stayed up to midnight and then went to bed bit sad I know but there we go and thats what happened!
But while we were in the city for a bit longer we did a few more activities, namely walking around to Barranco which is the arty district of Lima and had a really nice lunch in an old train carriage which was a bit different. We did some shopping in the huge markets there which was quite intense because they were big and there were so many stalls all selling the exact same thing. We made friends with a lovely girl called Heather who was from California and we hung around with her for a few days. But generally just chilling and reading and see bits of the city but taking it easy. We did get addicted to this one sandwich place called La Lucha which served this AMAZING pork hog roast type sandwich and it was one of the most delicious things I have eaten in South America! We pretty much went back every day which was very naughty but so great all the same.
I also did boring chores like sending postcards and getting my laundry done. I took my really smelly walking shoes to the laundry and they cleaned them for me because I was really embarrassed about them because they smelt so bad. They would stink out rooms! no joke! Anyway so got them all cleaned up and skyped some people which was great because the internet is really good in Peru unlike Bolivia which had the worst internet EVER!
But it was actually quite emotional leaving because a- its been 3 months b- I've really gotten used to South America...i love the people, food and there is so much to see. I feel like I have done a lot but could easily go back for more. I really want to do the central america part as well because I feel that would be super cool. But the travels continue onward to Los Angeles for 1 week. I'm staying with a family friend and will be seeing my school friend Viki Watlington so I'm sure wild times are ahead!
As per the photos thing will have to wait. I'm currently working off a mac computer and I have no idea how to use it and so you will all have to wait. But getting on the plane and off we go...
All for now
J xxx
But while we were in the city for a bit longer we did a few more activities, namely walking around to Barranco which is the arty district of Lima and had a really nice lunch in an old train carriage which was a bit different. We did some shopping in the huge markets there which was quite intense because they were big and there were so many stalls all selling the exact same thing. We made friends with a lovely girl called Heather who was from California and we hung around with her for a few days. But generally just chilling and reading and see bits of the city but taking it easy. We did get addicted to this one sandwich place called La Lucha which served this AMAZING pork hog roast type sandwich and it was one of the most delicious things I have eaten in South America! We pretty much went back every day which was very naughty but so great all the same.
![]() |
| The amazing la lucha! |
I also did boring chores like sending postcards and getting my laundry done. I took my really smelly walking shoes to the laundry and they cleaned them for me because I was really embarrassed about them because they smelt so bad. They would stink out rooms! no joke! Anyway so got them all cleaned up and skyped some people which was great because the internet is really good in Peru unlike Bolivia which had the worst internet EVER!
But it was actually quite emotional leaving because a- its been 3 months b- I've really gotten used to South America...i love the people, food and there is so much to see. I feel like I have done a lot but could easily go back for more. I really want to do the central america part as well because I feel that would be super cool. But the travels continue onward to Los Angeles for 1 week. I'm staying with a family friend and will be seeing my school friend Viki Watlington so I'm sure wild times are ahead!
As per the photos thing will have to wait. I'm currently working off a mac computer and I have no idea how to use it and so you will all have to wait. But getting on the plane and off we go...
All for now
J xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment