Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Mancora

So we arrived in Mancora in the morning and it was super hot! Like I mean really hot! We walked around the very small long town and I basically could not cope with that much heat from the colder parts of the south. Mancora is a party beach town and another surfer haven. There isn´t much to do here and to be honest unless you are really into surfing then it is pretty boring.

We did go surfing one morning but I wouldn´t really call it surfing on our part. The instructor paddles you out...you don´t have to do anything! hes wearing flippers and kicks you out there then catchs the wave for you and holds onto the back so it is super easy to stand up and pretend that you are surfing.


 




Now i like surfing and would have loved to have gone solo on this little outing but to be honest it was GREAT! its surfing without all the horrible parts...the aching arms from paddling, the deciding when to catch the wave and the disappointment when you don´t get it. This way you always catch the wave and always stand up! Awesome! Although I would like to be able to surf properly one day...but for an hour and a bit it was great to pretend that I could surf despite the instructor at he back of the board!

 

After much discussion and investigation on prices and available rooms in Mancora a decision was made to return to LIma for NYE. So here we are. Back in sunny Lima for the last few days of South America trip. 3 Months seems to have flown by and I can´t believe how much we have done and all the places we have gone and of course all the lovely people we have met. It seems so weird to be leaving. But there is more to come so I am looking forward to leaving and going to Los Angeles for a few days and then onto the place tthat is probably going to kidnap me - New Zealand.

All for now J xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment