So actually I am a bit behind on my blog and I've been in Australia now for the grand total of 1 week. Based in Sydney Tash and I bumped into each other in Hyde Park and reconnected so we are now reunited and busy trying to find jobs and apartments to settle in Sydney for a bit.
But previous to this I spent my last week in Wellington which was really fun. I was kinda tired of moving around and just wanted to be in one place for a while. And I met up with a guy who I met on one of my tramps and he showed me around Wellington and the surrounding area for the week and I didn't have to make one decision which was pure bliss! We got to go sailing with the uni which was reallly fun and I met some other lovely sailing guys and totally bonded with them and we had massivo chats about sailing as you do and I had an epic last night out with them all. This is the best photo I have of us all- looking a little bit worse for wear!

I also went out to Masterton and the Wairarapa valley and stayed out there for a few days exploring the rivers and went to this gorgeous beach which we had all to ourselves and I saw the cutest seal ever!


Anyway that week went super fast and it was suddenly time to leave and fly to Australia! And boy was it different. Went from semi sleepy quiet little New Zealand to a big bad city - Sydney and absolutely loving it so far. Have met up with loads of friends who seem to be here at the same time which is fricking amazing to see some familiar faces and means that we have been exploring the extensive nightlight as well as doing a big of touristy things in between trying to find a job. So the hunt continues for work and in the mean time I am splitting my time between a hostel and a room in a suburb called Newtown where some of my uni mates are renting a place. So its all good. Very hot and sometimes muggy. Still lovely and sunny so hope that continues and just enjoying being in a big city with lots of shops, food places and the endless supply of good coffee combined with cute, individual adorable cafes.

all for now
J xxx
![]() |
| my NZ route |
But previous to this I spent my last week in Wellington which was really fun. I was kinda tired of moving around and just wanted to be in one place for a while. And I met up with a guy who I met on one of my tramps and he showed me around Wellington and the surrounding area for the week and I didn't have to make one decision which was pure bliss! We got to go sailing with the uni which was reallly fun and I met some other lovely sailing guys and totally bonded with them and we had massivo chats about sailing as you do and I had an epic last night out with them all. This is the best photo I have of us all- looking a little bit worse for wear!

I also went out to Masterton and the Wairarapa valley and stayed out there for a few days exploring the rivers and went to this gorgeous beach which we had all to ourselves and I saw the cutest seal ever!


Anyway that week went super fast and it was suddenly time to leave and fly to Australia! And boy was it different. Went from semi sleepy quiet little New Zealand to a big bad city - Sydney and absolutely loving it so far. Have met up with loads of friends who seem to be here at the same time which is fricking amazing to see some familiar faces and means that we have been exploring the extensive nightlight as well as doing a big of touristy things in between trying to find a job. So the hunt continues for work and in the mean time I am splitting my time between a hostel and a room in a suburb called Newtown where some of my uni mates are renting a place. So its all good. Very hot and sometimes muggy. Still lovely and sunny so hope that continues and just enjoying being in a big city with lots of shops, food places and the endless supply of good coffee combined with cute, individual adorable cafes.

![]() |
| st paddy's day with chips on a stick! |
all for now
J xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment