Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Packing and leaving

So its finally come around.  The day of departure and oddly I am not feeling worried...well not too much.  I think the reason for this is that I have had ample time to say goodbye to all my friends.  I had some friends round for dinner just last saturday and it was just an opportunity to say goodbye, catch up on summer news and it was great! Although as someone who is not prone to crying i was shocked that when I was 'forced' by my friends to do a goodbye speech that my eyes began to water...I think this was mainly due to the fact that the entire table was shouting CRY at me - thanks guys! Thanks a lot! They loved it! Sickos!

Anyway...ive packed which was particularly testing as I thought I would not be able to fit all my clothes into the rucksack and I did have to go and buy another smaller day bag for the extras that just didn't quite fit into the main rucksack! The main bag is now enormously heavy. I have to thank Ma- my mother, as she is a very good packer and without her I probably would not have packed my bag by now!

Anyhoo! next time I will be typing it will be from a random internet cafe in Santiago instead of my sofa at home with my dog Tigs at my feet.  Got a long flight ahead to us tonight.  11.30 hrs to Sao Paulo then another 4 hrs onto Santiago although I have been told its 20/25C during the day in Santiago so thats pretty sweet! Pretty damn exciting!!! All for now.

Me and my Massive rucksack!



No comments:

Post a Comment